- CoolSculpting states in its press release that one can expect an average of 20% improvement and that multiple treatments are usually needed. Only 5% of our staff saw noticeable results and most thought it was an uncomfortable procedure. Many also experienced painful post treatment symptoms for about two weeks.
- CoolSculpting treatments appear to be a low-cost alternative to tumescent Liposuction, but end up costing thousands of dollars after performing multiple treatments. In the long run, repeated CoolSculpting treatments are more expensive and less effective than tumescent liposuction.
- The long term health effects of CoolSculpting's aggressive tissue cooling are not known.
- The CoolSculpting machine can only grab a small about of fat at a time and takes an hour for every small area. The abs, for example, are two areas requiring two hours. If you have treatments done for your love handles, which are very popular, that would be another two hours. To get the maximum results with Coolsculpting for these areas, it would take three treatments and a total of twelve hours. Tumescent Liposuction takes about an hour and a half in a single treatment.
- Weight loss fads come and go. These can be very tempting because they seem to offer what the patient wants -- claims as “non-surgical” and “less expensive”. First there was SmartLipo, Zerona and Bodytite. Today is CoolSculpting. Only tumescent liposuction has a fifteen year track record of safety and immediate and dramatic results. The dangers of previous liposuction procedures were reduced significantly when a patient no longer requires sedation. And the incisions are so tiny, most never scar.
If you can live with minimal improvements, the obvious appeal to CoolSculpting is the “non-invasive” aspect -- and in that case CoolSculpting may be for you -- but if you're looking for dramatic results, and more precise sculpting and a with a proven safety record, that is what you’ll see with the Tumescent Liposuction.
CoolSculpting vs. Tumescent Liposuction
Price Differences Between CoolSculpting and Tumescent Liposuction (Abdominal)
* Price based on a BMI of 25-30; a lower BMI will result in lower prices. Please call for a free consultation to see if liposculpting liposuction is right for you.
CoolSculpting Patient Reviews
"I guess there's a bit of a difference with my abdomen, but it's VERY subtle."
"To be honest I personally won't do it again. I would rather do a procedure where small incisions are done and the fat drains from your body."
Benefits of Tumescent Liposuction:
This FDA-approved tumescent liposuction procedure rids the body of stubborn unwanted fat and sculpts the body for dramatic results while greatly decreasing risk, expense and post-operative discomfort. This outpatient procedure takes about two hours.
Tumescent liposuction is the gold-standard for body sculpting and fat removal. The results greatly outmatch those of other types of fat removal procedures while providing optimum safety for patients.