The Myers’ Cocktail was originally developed by Dr. John Myers, a Maryland physician at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore who used intravenous injections of several different nutrients to treat a wide range of conditions. More recently, the Myers’ Cocktail has been popularized by Dr. Alan Gaby, President of the American Holistic Medical Association.
The Myer’s Cocktail can be very useful in situations where oral nutrients or other therapies are not working. The nutrients kick-start those cells which are performing below par.
Common conditions the Myers' Cocktail is used for:
- Boosting energy
- Fighting off and preventing colds or flu
- Fatigue or depression
- Autoimmune diseases
- Supporting exercise regimens
- Recovering or preparing for a marathon
- Boosting the immune system
Nutrients in Myers’ Cocktail
- Magnesium chloride hexahydrate 20% (magnesium) 2-5 mL
- Calcium gluconate 10% (calcium) 1-3 mL
- Hydroxocobalamin 1,000 mcg/mL (B12) 1 mL
- Pyridoxine hydrochloride 100mg/mL (B6) 1 mL
- Dexpanthenol 250 mg/mL (B5) 1 mL
- B complex 100 (B complex) 1 mL
- Vitamin C 222 mg/mL (C) 4-20 mL
In addition to treating these and other conditions, the Myers’ Cocktail is also effective in providing a natural energy boost and relieving symptoms of fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome and chronic depression. The energy boost can last for several days or weeks and can significantly improve a patient’s quality of life. Myers’ Cocktail can help strengthen the immune system as well, allowing patients who constantly get sick to effectively fight off viral illnesses.